Are the companies that sell thousands of holiday gift baskets happy with their yearly profits? Yes and no.
Like you, they are pleased but not satisfied and always searching for additional methods to boost their income.
You can achieve this effort in many ways, especially through methods that have worked for you in the past.
Whether you’re new to the business or a seasoned veteran, the following options are a staple in your holiday sales foundation.
Scared to pick up the phone to call potential buyers? That’s as good as saying, “I don’t want orders.”
People who order gift baskets are friends with other people who are gift basket buying candidates.
Professionals you visit for various services need gift baskets for employees and clients.
If you’re not sure how to proceed, what to say, or how to address questions asked during conversations, a 30-minute phone call with me as part of your Golden Basket Club membership will solve that problem and complete sales quickly.
Most of your clients are going to be pleased with the gift baskets you design. One out of 100 will be upset. Why?
- Your photo or description didn’t match the final result.
- The gift basket wasn’t delivered on the agreed day or time.
- There was a mix up regarding products, colors, or theme.
In all of my years in business, there has only been one major problem that was easily remedied. Still, for me, that was one problem too many.
How do you handle it?
- You first uncover the exact problem, which isn’t always what you’re told.
- You determine how to apologize, even if the situation wasn’t your fault.
- Finally, you satisfy the client in whatever manner you choose and document the situation so it does not occur in the future.
This is your gift basket business, and with that, every problem feels as if it’s a personal blow to your reputation. That fact is true unless you handle the crisis immediately. In time, you will learn to separate your personal feelings from professional duties.
You can calm the client, salvage the situation, and learn from the experience so you’re wiser and stronger.
How do you overcome this challenge?