10 Ways to Keep Customers Happy After the Order
The gift basket sale is complete, and you and the customer are smiling. Now what? Here’s 10 ways to keep customers happy after the order so she returns for more sales.
Start with the end in mind
No one likes a dismal experience when spending money. You don’t like it, and neither do your customers. That’s why making sure you follow the basic gift basket marketing plan is imperative for your success.
When a customer places an order, she wants to be absolutely confident that everything will be done to her specifications. Most times, the specifics are not difficult. She simply wants confirmation that the person receiving the order will receive it on time and intact. That’s not so hard, right?
Your plan to wow the client
What is your procedure to create a great customer experience?
If you have not developed the steps, or if you perform the procedure in a haphazard fashion, now’s the time to document how to treat the customer.
Put yourself in her shoes as you think about the communication you’re about to create that will be distributed after an order arrives in your studio.
- Is sending updates by email appropriate, or are phone calls better?
- If you don’t have a product in stock, do you tell the customer or make the design without stating the change?
These are just two questions you must answer as you create your quality assurance policy or whatever you wish to call the procedure.
10 ways to keep customers happy after the order
Here are 10 easy steps I can recall that may be helpful as you develop or update your own policy. You’ll find lots more customer support tips in the book, How to Start a Home-Based Gift Basket Business, autographed to you by me when you order. That’s part of my customer service.
Each of these steps is delivered by email although you can change some procedures for delivery in another format.
1. Thank the customer as you verify the order.
2. Confirm that the order is being created.
3. Photograph the finished design and send the photo to the customer.
4. Acknowledge when the order is shipped.
5. Ask the customer for additional orders.
6. Verify the order’s arrival at the recipient’s location.
7. Thank the customer once more for the order.
8. Ask the customer to share any order problems.
9. Remind the customer about upcoming gift basket occasions.
10. With permission, add the customer to your email list.
It’s not difficult to complete the 10 ways to keep customers happy after the order. What, from this list, would you add to your customer service policy, and what would you omit?