Second edition published in 2008
First edition published in 2004
Available at major bookstores and through online book sellers.
198 pages — $17.95
Visit Shirley George Frazier’s Amazon page too see all of her publications.
Whether you want to start a small business or make gift baskets for fun, The Gift Basket Design Book reveals everything you need to know to transform your ideas into beautiful creations.
Shirley George Frazier, a successful gift basket entrepreneur, shares basket-building and design techniques that yield expert results. Her easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions and photos show you exactly how to craft delightful gift baskets for all occasions, from holidays to life’s milestones to those everyday pick-me-ups.
Inside you’ll find:
- Advice about supplies, gifts, and prepackaged food items
- The best ways to assemble and enhance your creations
- The most effective wrapping techniques
- Unique container ideas, including boxes, bags, teacups, and more
- Color photos of more than thirty completed baskets
- A special chapter showcasing four professional designers and their most successful gift basket designs
- And much more!
CONTENTS / CHAPTERS
Introduction: Why I Began Making Gift Baskets
PART 1: DESIGN BASICS
1. Humble Beginnings, Fabulous Future: Creating a Work of Art for Every Occasion
2. Basic Supplies: Everything You Need to Design Beautiful Baskets
3. Preparing the Inner Basket: Two Simple Ways to Fill Your Container
4. Basic Building Techniques: Proper Placement of Snacks and Gifts
5. Finishing Touches: Choosing Enhancements That Bring Your Design Together
6. Closing the Basket: Proper Wrapping for a Professional Look
PART 2: BASKETS FOR DIFFERENT OCCASIONS
7. Popular Occasions: Making Memorable Everyday Baskets
8. Special Themes: Expressive Designs for Good and Sad Times
9. Celebrating the Holidays: Sharing Love, Laughter, and Tradition
10. Think Out of the Basket: Alternative Containers Challenge Your Creativity
11. More Out-of-the-Basket Designs: Totes, Trunks, Towers, and More
PART 3: BEYOND THE BASICS
12. Quick Fixes: Don’t Get Mad, Get Creative!
13. Designers and Their Gift Baskets: Regional Pros Share Their Inspiration
Completed Basket Designs
Appendix: Resource List
About the Author
Readers’ Testimonials (Unsolicited)
“If you are new to designing gift baskets or simply considering entering the trade, buy this book. It is an easy to follow, step-by-step instruction source (the b/w photos are exceptionally clean and clear). There are also color photos of the completed works/samples and a valuable Appendix/Resource List. Frazier offers several options for constructing your baskets, complete with “pros/cons” for each method, as well as how to fix a mistake. If you buy this book you should also get Frazier’s “How to Start a Home-Based Gift Basket Business”.
Roxanne Ocampo – Tracy, California
“This book has become my bible of designing. I am a home business gift basket owner , and thanks to this book I can now design beautiful designs.”
LaTunya Sifford – Aberdeen, North Carolina
For more information about the book, contact:
The Globe Pequot Press, public relations department (203) 458-4544 or
Shirley Frazier, author, (973) 279-2799 or through the Contact page
Like what you see on this site? Want us to write about something new? Having problems with the site’s navigation or appearance? Tell us on the Contact page.
Questions about promotional opportunities and other business relationships are emailed to Cassandra Mosley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to partner with us? Email Joan Jamison, manager of vendor relations, at email@example.com.
We are happy to speak with the media. Email your questions to Karen Smith, media relations coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a quicker response, call our office at 973-279-2799.
Shirley George Frazier is available to speak to your group on creative industry, small business, and marketing topics. Past keynote, seminar, and workshop venues include conferences and events at trade shows, consumer events, universities, adult schools, libraries, and other locations listed on the speaking page. Contact Karen at email@example.com to schedule Shirley for an event.
A subsidiary of Sweet Survival LLC
New York City Metro Area