The Gift Basket Design Book, 2nd ed.
Explore Your Creativity!
Whether you want to start a small business or make gift baskets for fun, The Gift Basket Design Book reveals everything you need to know to transform your ideas into beautiful creations.
Shirley George Frazier, a successful gift basket entrepreneur, shares basket-building and design techniques that yield expert results. Her easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions and photos show you exactly how to craft delightful gift baskets for all occasions, from holidays to life’s milestones to those everyday pick-me-ups.
Create dazzling and professional gift baskets
Here’s what you’ll find inside this helpful book…
Pictures, pictures, pictures!
Color photos of more than thirty completed gift baskets.
Find products easily
Advice about supplies, gifts, and pre-packaged food items.
The best ways to assemble and enhance your creations.
Out of the basket ideas
See how to design with containers, boxes, bags, teacups, and more.
Wrap with perfection
The most effective wrapping techniques, including cellophane and shrink wrap.
Inside tips from the pros
A special chapter showcasing four designers and their unique designs!
- 1: Humble Beginnings, Fabulous Future: Creating a Work of Art for Every Occasion
- 2: Basic Supplies: Everything You Need to Design Beautiful Baskets
- 3: Preparing the Inner Basket: Two Simple Ways to Fill Your Container
- 4: Basic Building Techniques: Proper Placement of Snacks and Gifts
- 5: Finishing Touches: Choosing Enhancements that Bring Your Design Together
- 6: Closing the Basket: Proper Wrapping for a Professional Look
- 7: Popular Occasions: Making Memorable Everyday Baskets
- 8: Special Themes: Expressive Designs for Good and Sad Times
- 9: Celebrating Holidays: Sharing Love, Laughter, and Tradition
- 10: Think Out of the Basket: Alternative Containers Challenge Your Creativity
- 11: More Out-of-the-Basket Designs: Totes, Trunks, Towers, and More
- 12: Quick Fixes: Don’t Get Mad, Get Creative!
- 13: Designers and Their Gift Baskets: Regional Pros Share Their Inspirations
- Completed Basket Designs
- Appendix: Resource List
- About the Author
What Aspiring Designers Say
Unsolicited praise from readers
“If you are new to designing gift baskets or simply considering entering the trade, buy this book. It is an easy to follow, step-by-step instruction source (the b/w photos are exceptionally clean and clear). There are also color photos of the completed works/samples and a valuable Appendix/Resource List. Frazier offers several options for constructing your baskets, complete with “pros/cons” for each method, as well as how to fix a mistake. If you buy this book you should also get Frazier’s “How to Start a Home-Based Gift Basket Business.”
“This book has become my bible of designing. I am a home business gift basket owner, and thanks to this book I can now design beautiful designs.”
“Just wanted to thank you for your tutorials. I work with New Hope Foundation and we are currently making over 400 gift baskets for five women’s shelters in the Dallas area to be delivered for Mother’s Day. While I understand many of the basics, I’ve been having a challenging time closing my baskets. I’ve purchased several shrink wrap bags, but they are expensive. Looking forward to trying your great cellophane idea! Thank you so, so much for sharing. I’m sure you have blessed many without even knowing.”
Watch this design video
A demo of what you learn in the book
About the Author
Popular speaker, mentor, and world authority on gift baskets
Shirley George Frazier is chief basketologist at GiftBasketBusiness.com and worldwide authority on the gift basket industry.
She travels extensively to deliver keynote presentations and seminars at conferences, provide gift and marketing demonstrations at trade shows, and conduct hands-on workshops at private events. Shirley also dispenses small business advice on CNBC, New York’s Fox Channel 5, Food Network, and Live Well Network.
Her articles and quotes are found in CNN Money, Entrepreneur, New York Newsday, The Record, Black Enterprise, Costco Connection, Gifts & Decorative Accessories, Gift Shop Magazine, Florists’ Review, Gourmet News, Spare Time Magazine, and Opportunities Magazine.